THE UJ SPORT CONFERENCE 2021 aims to create awareness around:
- Gender-Based Violence
- Mental Well-being and Performance
- Athlete Performance
- Use of the Digital Space
- Substance Abuse and Doping
- Sport Medicine and Rehabilitation
The conference offers a platform to highlight wide-ranging issues plaguing the sports domain and attempts to provide mitigating strategies for SAFEGUARDING SPORT.
The main purpose of this conference is to educate and empower attendees with the knowledge of a holistic approach to safeguarding sport. As part of the discussion, the conference intends to provide:
- A platform to create awareness amongst athletes, coaches, managers, administrators, and support staff regarding safeguarding within the sporting environment.
- Protective platforms, strategies, and protocols to mitigate and enhance safeguarding.
- A conducive environment for the participants to share experiences within the safeguarding sport space.
- Opportunities to form partnerships among participants.
- CPD points for health practitioners and coaches through their national federations.